|Job Title||Compliance Practitioner*|
|Location||McAllen, TX*||*Position is based out of McAllen, TX|
Lineage Logistics is an innovative leader and the second-largest refrigerated warehouse/ Distribution Company in the world. We play a critical role in the national food and services supply chain. Lineage is currently searching for a Compliance Practitioner to join our team.
Lineage is seeking a Safety Compliance Practitioner to impact every team member at the facility level. As the Safety Compliance Practitioner you are responsible for administering the Lineage Safety Program. Success in this position ensures our team members are working in a safe, controlled and risk-free environment.
As the ideal candidate, you exhibit leadership, work ethic and have experience implementing safety programs at the facility level. Your passion and drive for safety creates a culture that has Safe as our #1 Value. Your goal is a work environment that is 100% incident free. Your drive for safety and the programs you administer make it clear that safety is Lineage’s number one priority.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply and enforce the code of safe practices with all employees.
- Supervise team members in day to day work activities in regards to administering the safety program.
- Conduct meetings in order to assess and inform team members of safety policies and procedures and to address any safety/quality issues.
- Conduct and administer periodic evaluations for team members.
- Conduct new hire safety orientations ensuring all employees have a good understanding of safety within the facilities.
- Work with leadership team to prepare for ASI and Lineage SIS audits.
- Audit procedures and processes to ensure that those set forth are practiced and followed in accordance to company standards.
- Maintain proper paperwork in accordance to established policies and procedures including maintaining various logs, binders, and other record keeping systems. Must perform filing documentation in an orderly and established fashion.
- Monitor warehouse safety supplies and other items necessary according to the established safety program. Will be responsible for notify operations of any deficits or safety supplies needed.
- Work with internal and external customers on the safety program and with daily operations and to resolve issues within the facility and with the customer.
- Attend training sessions and other necessary events assigned by Operations. Will be required to travel to attend necessary training sessions that are company sponsored or administered by a third party or organization.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety in and around the warehouse. Ensure that all team members follow safety practices during work activities.
- Conduct accident investigations and perform necessary steps to ensure that safety policies are followed and understood by all parties involved in the incident.
- Comply with OSHA and LINEAGE LOGISTICS Policies and administer accordingly.
- Maintain postings and other related material as it is available and provide guidance to team members on the material.
- Must be able to possess effective communication skills, both written and oral, in order to convey information effectively and professionally.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Education: High School Graduate or GED. Strong communications, reading, writing and math skills needed. Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related strongly preferred.
Specialized or Technical knowledge: Previous experience with safety rules/policies, OSHA administration, Worker’s Compensation administration, etc. is required. Also previous pallet jack and/or forklift operation experience is required for this position. Team member must have intermediate experience with safety and accident electronic reporting, computer systems, and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Minimum experience: 3 years prior or related experience
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.