|Job Title||General Manager*|
|Location||Santa Maria, CA*||*Position is based out of Santa Maria, CA|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a General Manager to join our growing team!
As the General Manager, you will develop management teams to establish cohesiveness and synergy across the departments. You plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations to meet established goals. You work closely with Operation Managers who directly oversee Supervisors and team members in our facility, carrying out responsibilities in accordance with Lineage's policies, procedures and applicable laws. You will excel in this position because you are a natural leader who is comfortable mentoring, instructing and training team members to be successful at every level.
Your success is a result of your continuous improvement, Lean, operational excellence mindset. In this energetic role, you create a cadence in the facility that is easy to follow by planning, assigning, and directing the work. Your Team is critical to your success, so you are heavily involved in the interviewing, hiring, and training of key team members. Your management style fosters an environment that allows team members to safely and successfully perform daily responsibilities and meet established expectations.
Working closely with Operations, Production, Maintenance and Quality managers on KPI improvements will require you to use your strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills.
You thrive in our fast pace environment because of your sense of urgency, open door communication style and ability to generate new ideas. You also model respect, teamwork, a positive attitude and safety consciousness that are essential to this role.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment.
- Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in
certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of
time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- Assists in establishing warehouse performance objectives (KPI’s) and strategic planning.
- Plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations, maintenance department, and office support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Confer with Plant Engineer to obtain daily room temperature reports and requirements.
- Oversee pest control and food safety programs and compliance of.
- Accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to cost, productivity, customer service, profits, and employees.
- Conducts and coordinate daily planning meeting and daily staff meeting.
- Reviews bills of lading for incoming products and customer orders in order to plan work activities.
- Assigns workers to specific duties, such as verifying amounts of and storing incoming products and assembling customer orders for delivery.
- Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Remains knowledgeable in WMS in regards to abilities, updates, and changes to suit customer needs.
- Participates in company marketing and sales efforts, including planning new account strategies, prospecting for new accounts, making sales calls, generating positive word of mouth, developing and quoting rates, negotiating contracts, and closing sales.
- Develop and manage system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters.
- Maintain customer contact.
- Directs reclamation of damaged products.
- Operates facility in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes.
- Assists to maintain the proper receipt, storage, handling, and/or distribution of safe and quality food products at this facility
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have at least 8 years of Operations Management experience in the Supply Chain world
- Continuous Improvement, Lean, Operational Excellence training or certification
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L responsibilities
- MS Office skills; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse.
- Available to work different shifts as necessary and available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with our without reasonable assistance.
- Must be able to perform in all areas that hourly employees are performing with the manual dexterity required.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.