|Job Title||Office Manager*|
|Location||Des Moines, IA*||*Position is based out of Des Moines, IA|
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here! Lineage is currently searching for an Office Manager to join our growing team!
As the Office Manager you will oversee a variety of general office and customer service activities critical to the daily success of the warehouse operation. You will directly supervise several employees in the Administrative Department and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing internal and external complaints and resolving problems.
As the ideal candidate, you are a natural at multi-tasking, organization and genuinely have a passion for meeting the needs of team members and external customers on a daily basis. You exude a professional, positive attitude and are capable of dealing with basic as well as complex administrative issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, preparation of payrolls, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications and procedures.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Plans office layout, develops office budget, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Prepares activities reports for management.
- Coordinates activities of office with operations to ensure customer needs are met.
- Maintains contact with customers and assists in solving customer issues.
- Prepare and coordinate necessary government documents for shipping and receiving products, as needed.
- Fast paced office setting connected to a warehouse environment.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities.
- Must be comfortable and confident with basic computer and phone skills.
- The warehouse itself is a cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain areas). Noise level in the warehouse varies and at times and can be loud.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Two to five years office management experience.
- Knowledge of WMS a plus.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one—on—one and small group situations to managers and
employees of the organization.
- Disciplined self-starter capable of motivating others.
- Common sense approach to business practices.
- Strong work ethic that continually raises the bar towards perfection.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies, procedures and agreements.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to use basic mathematical skills.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.