|Job Title||Production Supervisor*|
|Location||Allentown,PA*||*Position is based out of Allentown, PA (HPP)|
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for planning, assigning, and directing the work within the cold storage warehouse, as well as training team members to safely and successfully perform daily responsibilities and meet established expectations. Additionally, the Production Supervisor will ensure food production line operations and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Lineage's policies, procedures and applicable laws within food manufacturing.
Directly supervises 15 to 35 employees in the High Pressure Processing (HPP) multi-shift operation. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends daily planning and staff meeting
- Supervise 15 – 35 full time and temporary staff
- Oversee and provide direction to line leaders
- Manage line production and line flow
- Establish and maintain procedures for meeting company and customer commitments
- Inspects premises of the cold storage facility for unsanitary practices and conditions
- Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Train motivate and lead others within area of responsibility
- Facilitate conflict resolution and enforce company policies and procedures
- Routes reports to designated plant team members
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Knowledge and experience in food manufacturing, food production processing lines
- Experience in SQF, HACCP, and Sanitation
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- High School Diploma or GED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.