|Job Title||Manager, Quality Assurance*|
|Location||Chester,VA*||*Position is based out of Chester, VA|
Lineage is currently seeking a Manager, Quality Assurance to join our growing team!
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will manage and coordinate activities of workers engaged in duties concerned with food safety and ISO compliance. You will also manage the implementation of new programs and maintain existing programs.
Responsibilities of the Manager, Quality Assurance:
- Direct oversight of Supervisors, Managers, and Maintenance Staff
- Responsible for implementing a BRC/SQF/ISO quality system for the division. Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the BRC/SQF/ISO program.
- Ensure BRC/SQF/ISO policies and procedures are being met and managed for compliance.
- Must have an understanding of the current principles and practices of HAACP policies.
- Must have the ability to identify and develop food safety and quality objectives.
- Must comply with all Facility, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP and SQF/BRC regulations.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspections, testing, and evaluation.
- Analyze production steps to determine efficient control points based on the BRC/SQF program and revise them when changes are made.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Document quality information and prepare reports and/or manuals.
- Suggest and implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase food safety and efficiency of operations.
- Participate and/or conduct internal audits.
- Ensure a good follow-up of non-conformities of the BRC/SQF/ISO program by developing and putting in place realistic action plans and disciplinary steps.
- Train and guide management employees that have a role in the BRC/SQF/ISO program to ensure their good understanding of the rules and development as a team of the best control measures possible.
- Promote and enforce compliance with all employees to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained.
- Support employees in the learning process of the BRC/SQF/ISO rules.
- Assure compliance with all customer specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating all audit activities to include scheduling, serving as the liaison between internal auditors and external auditors (including the registrar), and ensuring that audits are completed as scheduled.
- Conduct internal audits to monitor the quality of our product and work with Managers and Supervisors and develop corrective action steps to correct deviation.
- Ensure time sensitive deadlines are met.
- Comply with all Company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Good Warehousing Practices and Food Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain a professional attitude among co-workers, customers, and visitors to the facility.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience in a Quality Assurance role is required
- Experience with ISO9001:2015, preferably as Lead Auditor and overall experience managing the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Ability to provide or complete SQF/BRC certification is required. Knowledge of FSMA, FDA, and USDA regulations.
- Ability to complete HACCP certification is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc., required.
- Team oriented problem solver who takes ownership of their work and responsibility to corrective actions.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Quality and safety conscious with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership, and integrate diversity toward service and profitability objectives is critical.
- High School Diploma required
- Applicable College degree desired or years of service in the industry
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to interpret auditors and customer’s requirements and needs; and convert into a corrective action, policy, program that will be effective to meet the standard in the future.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.