|Job Title||Shipping & Receiving Operator*|
|Location||Chester, VA*||*Position is based out of Chester, VA - Supply Chain|
Lineage Logistics Supply Chain is hiring Shipping/Receiving Operators. We offer a competitive base pay plus shift differential along with merit increases after 6 months. This is a full-time role, providing employees with some of the best benefits in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- Customer focused in all operations
- Maintain a safe, quality work environment for all personnel
- Inspect product for nonconformances according to damage standards
- Unload inbound trailers and receive product in a refrigerated environment
- Load outbound trailers
- Date stamp customer product
- Pick orders according to written work instructions
- Inventory product as directed
- Check shipping/receiving/order picking documentation for accuracy
- Rework damaged cases as directed
- Maintain warehouse sanitation as directed
- Operate Material Handling Equipment, and complete daily battery changes and safety checks
- Perform operations in accordance with documented processed and procedures.
Required Qualifications of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- Must have suitable transportation
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills
- Available to work different shifts as necessary
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend, and reach
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable assistance
- Capable of being certified to operate all equipment used in the warehouse
- Previous warehouse experience operating MHE
- Must have knowledge in ISO 9001 and/or willing to gain that knowledge through on OJT and outside coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Qualifications of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- Refrigerated warehousing experience
- Experience using handheld RF scanners
- WMS experience
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. We values respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.