|Job Title||Shipping & Receiving Operator*|
|Location||Chester, VA*||*Position is based out of Chester, VA|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift|
Lineage Logistics Chester is hiring Shipping/Receiving Operators. We offer a competitive base pay plus shift differential along with merit increases after 6 months. This is a full-time, third shift role (Su-Th 10:30pm-7:00am), providing employees with some of the best benefits in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- Customer focused in all operations
- Maintain a safe, quality work environment for all personnel
- Inspect product for nonconformances according to damage standards
- Unload inbound trailers and receive product in a refrigerated environment
- Load outbound trailers
- Date stamp customer product
- Pick orders according to written work instructions
- Inventory product as directed
- Check shipping/receiving/order picking documentation for accuracy
- Rework damaged cases as directed
- Maintain warehouse sanitation as directed
- Operate Material Handling Equipment, and complete daily battery changes and safety checks
- Perform operations in accordance with documented processed and procedures.
Required Qualifications of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a warehouse environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able and willing to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Dedication to safe warehousing practices
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills
- Available to work different shifts as necessary
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend, and reach
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
- Capable of being certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse
- Previous warehouse experience operating material handling equipment
Preferred Qualifications of the Shipping/Receiving Operator:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Refrigerated warehousing experience
- Experience using handheld RF scanners
- WMS experience
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. We values respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.