|Job Title||HR Business Partner*|
|Location||University Park, IL*||*Position is based out of University Park, IL|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our HR team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will be responsible for providing functional leadership for the HR activities related to the Corporate Headquarters and Core Functional Teams (IT, Legal, Finance, Network Optimization, Lean, PMO). Additionally, the Human Resources Business Partner will effectively implement employee relations, interface with recruiting activities, talent management and development reviews, and manage compensation planning and organizational design and development.
Responsibilities of the HR Business Partner:
- Understands state and local municipal legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions to ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Assists leadership with recruiting, interviewing, testing, and recommending employees to fill vacant positions, and conducts new employee orientation
- Ensures that all personnel paperwork such as insurance, 401k plan, and personnel transactions such as new hire packets, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, discipline, and terminations are completed and communicated to the appropriate corporate department
- Assists with the coordination of training activities within the facility network, and plan talent management and development activities for core functional teams
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations and discipline issues
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs, and works with regional staff to assure compliance with company policy and procedures
- Provides information on employee benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, etc.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation
Required Qualifications of the HR Business Partner:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience as an HR professional
- Experience in a multi-site organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in varying situations
- Disciplined self-starter with a strong work ethic, capable of motivating others
Preferred Qualifications of the HR Business Partner:
- Knowledge of Workday or Dayforce
- Fast paced office setting connected to a cold storage warehouse environment
- The warehouse itself is a cold storage environment
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage Logistics offers comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.