|Job Title||Ammonia Refrigeration Technician*|
|Location||Algona, WA*||*Position is based out of Algona, WA|
|Reports to||Jason Zemanek|
|Pay Grade||Tier 2|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a Refrigeration Technician to join our growing team!
As the Refrigeration Technician you are responsible for maintaining, operating, inspecting, and repairing various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment. You will perform preventative and predictive maintenance as
directed by the Supervisor. This includes verifying that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through periodic testing and inspections.
- Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, purgers, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves
- Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our customers and maintain the integrity of their product.
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
- Replace defective fan motors
- Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
- Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas
- Drain oil from ammonia system
- Fill out daily reports as directed by the direct Supervisor
- Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors
- Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators
- Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements
- Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular schedule
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the
ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
- Inspect ammonia detection system
- Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times
- Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer
- Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- Ability to write SOPs, pumpdown procedures, LOTO procedures.
- Remove and install 3 phase motors
- Monitor fire safety systems.
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by direct Supervisor
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Working with Material Handling Equipment on a daily basis.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- Employee must successfully complete Refrigeration Operator I training course
- Ammonia refrigeration experience highly preferred.
- Commercial refrigeration experience highly preferred.
- Interest and ability to obtain a CAIRO/CIRO certification through RETA within a 6 month period (or approved equivalent )
- Able to successfully complete 24 hour emergency training within a 3 month period.
- PSM/RMP training preferred.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.