|Job Title||Stand-Up Reach Forklift Operator*|
|Location||Jackson, MS - Richland*||*Position is based out of Jackson, MS - Richland|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a Forklift Operator to join our growing team!
The Warehouse Operator reports to the Shift Supervisor and receives direction from the Supervisor and Warehouse Lead. The Warehouse Operator will operate equipment with lifting devices such as forklift, clamp or elevating platform, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products or materials.
Our success depends on your ability to deliver in a safe, accurate and timely manner!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads and receives deliveries of customer product to ensure proper quantities and quality of the product and proper documentation of the receipt.
- Places product securely in appropriate warehouse locations to ensure that damage or misplacement does not occur.
- Retrieves and loads customer product as directed on shipping documents to ensure proper quantities and item identification. Retrieves product for shipment based on assigned lot codes or production dates to ensure effective product rotation.
- Ensures proper food safety and warehouse sanitation practices are followed and that Company and customer assets are adequately protected and maintained.
- Operates forklifts with various attachments and pallet jacks in compliance with safe operating procedures.
- Participates in product counting, relocation and assigned inventory processes.
- Performs warehouse cleaning and equipment maintenance tasks, as assigned.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures to ensure efficient and consistent warehouse operations.
- Comply with Safety Programs to ensure protection of employees and property.
- Ensure that the interface with customers and co-workers is being conducted in a manner that is conducive with operational goals.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensure personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job functions while representing the company.
- Performs additional tasks as may be assigned.
- This position requires a varied work schedule and the ability to work overtime.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- 2 yr Warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 yr of Reach Truck Experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to team members.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to read and write load diagrams, shipping orders, work instructions and various business communication documents
- Must be able to operate electronic equipment, such as RF scanners or radios as assigned
- Must be able to complete mathematical calculations associated with truck load weights and quantities
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.