|Job Title||Maintenance Technician (MHE) - 2ns Shift*|
|Location||IL*||*Position is based out of University Park, IL|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a Maintenance Technician to join our growing team!
This is a mission critical role! Your work allows us to do our jobs. As the Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for refrigeration systems and warehouse material handling equipment. Your responsibilities include installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, takes personal pride in their work, and is safety minded. As a Maintenance Tech, you must be focused at delivering consistent, high quality services at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. .
- Responsible for the completion all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Diagnose all electrical, hydraulic and mechanical issues on equipment in the facility. Order parts through manager as needed to repair breakdowns.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned
- Perform all repairs on buildings, equipment and tools as needed. Communicate maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Work within expense limits established.
- Complete the “Preventative Maintenance Program” as assigned by Chief Engineer.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by the chief engineer.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs.
- Responsible for alerting the Chief Engineer of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery and equipment.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers, breakers, switches, receptacles, wiring, and electronic
components of machinery and equipment.
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Working with Material Handling Equipment on a daily basis.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain
areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledge and experience in general maintenance procedures on HVAC and plumbing systems
- Prefer experience with Crown/Raymond equipment (but are open to experience with other brands as well), forklift electrical systems, mechanic and hydraulic systems,
- Prefer experience with HazMat, welding, plumbing, and knowledge of alarm systems
- The ideal candidate will have two to three years of experience in a factory/warehouse environment.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Carry pager/cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
- Follow all safety procedures and programs per company policies. This could include but is not limited to Lock Out Tag Out, Hot Work, Fall Protection and any other safety procedures necessary to complete work assignments safely.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding warehouse operations.
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime
- Ability to read and take direction in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with our without reasonable assistance
- Must be capable of becoming certified to operate equipment
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, kneel, bend and reach
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.