|Job Title||HR Business Partner*|
|Location||McAllen, TX*||*Position is based out of McAllen, TX|
|Reports to||Russell Tookes|
|Pay Grade||Tier 2|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for an HR Business Partner to join our growing team!
The HR Business Partner is a critical role to the success of the warehouse operation. You will administer policies relating to all phases of human resources activities in a busy warehouse/distribution facility. Daily responsibilities include employee relations, benefits, payroll, recruiting and interviewing.
You are a natural at multi-tasking, organization and genuinely have a passion for meeting the needs of team members on a daily basis. In addition, you clearly exude a professional, positive attitude capable of dealing with basic as well as complex employment issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish solid strategic business partner relationship directly with the site General Manager(s) and other site leaders to drive business performance from an HR perspective.
- Drives the talent management process across supported site(s) with a focus on coaching, talent development, succession, individual development plans, and talent reviews of Operations Managers and Supervisors.
- Partners with site leaders and the Talent HR Center of Excellence to ensure talent acquisition needs are met for supported site(s), including screening, interviewing and onboarding candidates and new hires.
- Drives understanding of the company's compensation structure and compensation philosophy so that field HR is an extension of the Total Rewards COE. Drives consistency and pay for performance methodologies across assigned sites for all levels.
- Conducts investigations at supported site(s) and in conjunction with the Area HR Director and Legal when appropriate, advises senior management in appropriate resolution of employee relations/discipline issues.
- May supervise and lead a team of HR professionals with a focus on continually elevating talent capabilities and teamwork.
- Focuses on driving flawless execution of the basics related to HR and drives improvements and initiatives that move toward HR's vision.
- Understands federal, state and local legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Administers processes to ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Gathers and analyzes data related to employs and uses the results to advocate for process improvements. Absenteeism and turnover are particularly called out as focus areas.
- Drives the continuous strengthening of culture across the site(s) by leading with the Values and establishing processes to raise awareness and adoption of the Values.
- Communicates and directs successful implementation of all corporate HR activities to assigned sites.
- Assist with ensuring smooth processing of payroll and benefits issues at the site level, including supporting leave administration.
- Fast paced office setting connected to a warehouse environment.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and communicating with a variety of people and personalities.
- The warehouse itself is a cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and
below in certain areas). Noise level in the warehouse varies and at times and can be loud.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- PHR Certification and Continuous Improvement experience (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred
- 2 or more years' experience in an HR role
- Microsoft Office at an intermediate level required; advanced level preferred
- Solid HR Legal and Compliance knowledge, including EEO, ADA, FMLA, WC, FLSA, DOL.
- Knowledge of Workday and/or Dayforce preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly developed level of attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one—on—one and small group situations to managers and employees of the organization
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies, procedures and agreements
- Creativity to solve problems.
- Common sense approach to business practices. Understands and works well in the "grey areas"
- Disciplined self-starter capable of motivating others
- Travel 5-50% of the time, depending on region
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
- Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.