|Job Title||Warehouse Supervisor*|
|Location||Othello, WA*||*Position is based out of Othello, WA|
|Reports to||Pedro Campos|
Warehouse Supervisor (Weekend Shift)
Full or Part time: Full Time/Exempt hours, Sun Sat -6am-6pm, Friday Monday- dayshift hours.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Manages others: Yes
Location: Othello, WA
Lineage – Othello is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to join the team! This person directly supervises team members in the warehouse operation and carries out responsibilities in accordance with Lineage's policies, procedures and applicable laws. The ideal candidate is a natural leader who is comfortable mentoring, instructing and training team members to be successful at every level.
The Supervisor plans, assigns, and directs the work within the warehouse. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members to safely and successfully perform daily responsibilities and meet established expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises 15 to 25 Team Members in a warehouse operation
- Establishes and practices a culture of safety among the Team Members at all times
- Ensures Team Members understand how to perform their duties safely, effectively and efficiently. This includes interpreting, teaching, mentoring and training Team Members when needed on Safety Regulations
- Ensures work areas and equipment are maintained, clean and safe for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards
- Responsible for communicating sanitation concerns and routing reports to designated plant personnel
- Capable of running equipment within the warehouse by following Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment while maintaining time and production records
- Appraises performance, and rewards and disciplines team members when appropriate
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
- Possesses a commonsense management style while achieving company goals
- Practices an “open door policy” of communication with Team Members at all times
- Perform duties with speed and precision with a high regard for workplace safety
- Troubleshoot and make routine adjustments to ensure the best possible outcomes for employee safety, work quality and operation schedules
- Follow daily work schedule and keep operations on track
- Closely work with Operation, Production, Maintenance and Quality managers on KPI improvements and compliance programs.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Available to work different shifts and extended days (beyond 8 hours) as necessary
- Must be able to perform in all areas that hourly employees are performing with the manual dexterity required
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
To perform this job successfully, the individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
Four years warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Basic math including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Important Disclaimer Notice
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other task as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.