|Job Title||General Warehouse Worker*|
|Location||Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA*||*Position is based out of Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA|
|Reports to||Alfonso Franco|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a General Warehouse Worker to join our growing team!
As a General Warehouse Worker, you will receive, store, and accurately distribute material, equipment, and products in the facility within the time scheduled and the output parameters required. This is an active role that requires you work on multiple projects at once. Our success depends on your ability to deliver in a safe, accurate and timely manner!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to shipping department.
- Stretch wrap products.
- Assist in recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer orders.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Follow up on orders assigned by superintendents.
- Operation of all equipment to assist in operations when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to team members.
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.