|Job Title||General Manager*|
|Location||Wilmington, IL*||*Position is based out of Wilmington, IL|
|Reports to||Amy Gerberi|
|Pay Grade||Tier 2|
About Lineage Logistics:
At Lineage Logistics, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses, increase their efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class Foodservice Solutions Team.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for a General Manager to join our growing team!
As the General Manager, you will develop management teams to establish cohesiveness and synergy across multiple Redistribution departments. You plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations to meet established productivity and financial goals. You work closely with an Operations Manager who directly oversee Supervisors, Leads, and team members in our facility; all carrying out responsibilities in accordance with Lineage's policies, procedures and applicable laws. You will excel in this position because you are a natural leader who is comfortable mentoring, instructing and training team members to be successful at every level.
Your success is a result of your continuous improvement, Lean, operational excellence mindset. In this energetic role, you create a cadence in the facility that is easy to follow by planning, assigning, and directing the work. Your Team is critical to your success, so you are heavily involved in the interviewing, hiring, and training of key team members. Your management style fosters an environment that allows team members to safely and successfully perform daily responsibilities and meet established expectations.
Working closely with your Operations team, your strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and problem-solving skills will assist in partnering with Purchasing, Account Management and Customer Service on KPI improvements and the overall Customer experience.
You thrive in our fast pace environment because of your sense of urgency, open door communication style and ability to generate new ideas. You also model respect, teamwork, a positive attitude and a safety consciousness that are essential to this role.
With your experience in start-up operations, you will be the catalyst to the future expansion of the Lineage Redistribution program.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Dry, chilled and frozen storage environment ranging from ambient temperatures to -10 degrees
- Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud
- Establishes warehouse performance objectives (KPI’s) and strategic budget planning
- Plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations, facility maintenance, and office support to meet productivity and service goals
- Responsible for facility temperature control, cleanliness and pest control
- Oversee compliance standards of multiple Customer specific food safety programs
- Accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives related to safety, cost, productivity, customer service, profits, and employees.
- Creates process for daily labor planning of receiving, selection, loading, inventory control and sanitation job duties
- Remains knowledgeable of WMS abilities, updates, and changes to support customer needs
- Participates in company marketing and sales efforts, including planning new account strategies, prospecting for new accounts, making sales calls or hosting tours, generating positive word of mouth, developing and quoting rates, negotiating contracts, and assisting in closing sales.
- Develop and manage system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters
- Maintain customer contact as needed
- Directs reclamation of damaged products and conducts claims investigations
- Operates facility in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive Operations Management experience in Foodservice Distribution; preferably in last mile distribution to Fast Casual and QSR industry leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Continuous Improvement, Lean, Operational Excellence training or certification
- Experience in ability to create, read and reporting to monthly financial P&L performance with
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the Lineage organization and with our Customers and business partners
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Available to work different shifts as necessary
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check
As a Lineage team member, we aim to provide everything you and your family need to thrive. That’s why we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits including paid time off and 401k, skills training, and development opportunities to grow your career at Lineage.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.