|Job Title||Developer III*|
|Location||MI*||*Position is based out of Novi, MI|
|Reports to||Jammie Morris|
You are the best developer in your field and you take pride in your ability and commitment to collaborate with and mentor those around you. You approach software development as a craft, more than just scratching code or creating documents. You see continuous improvement as a way of life. You believe in scrum, thrive in a collaborative environment; where Customers, Analysts, Developers, Engineers and other Lineage team members collaborate to define/refine system requirements and use cases. Above all, you want to create industry leading products, using cutting-edge technologies to create high quality solutions that users love.
At Lineage Logistics, IT’s aim is not to build the largest teams but to build a small, highly skilled, team that focuses specifically on having the capability, knowledge and skills focused in areas that define our core differentiators and allow us to leverage cloud, best-of-breed technologies and manage/leverage external teams of contractors for capacity. This means that in addition to being a great developer you need to be able to review and collaborate with partners to ensure that we get the same quality from them too.
As a company, Lineage Logistics leverages state-of-the-art technology to meet our customer’s needs, assist in our international growth, and create an infrastructure that enables Lineage to lead the industry.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will exhibit the technical expertise, business acumen and flexibility required to successfully work with all levels of Lineage’s organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Expert in 2 or more development technologies, server performance tuning, and designing flexible performant data structures.
- You will also be involved in various initiatives to improve the overall user experience of our users on desktop clients and mobile devices, supporting thousands of users.
- Leading a team of analysts, developers and testers
- Lead design and implementation of solutions
- Work with technical, functional teams and customers to design and development of Services.
- Create well-designed, reusable objects in a modern development environment and test plans.
- Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards to maintain excellent code quality.
- Apply best practices and consistently develop high-quality services on schedule.
- Contribute to project deliverable templates and standards (including coding standards, etc.).
- Share knowledge with others by contributing to our growing knowledge base
- Proven track record in a variety of projects, environments and customers
- Experience working with WMS, ideally HighJump Software
- Excellent debugging skills and the ability to optimize code for performance tuning
- Experience with database management systems.
- Experience developing in all phases of the full SDLC of a project is required. Passion for BDD/TDD
- Demonstrated ability to pragmatically work with customers and business analysts.
- Demonstrated ability to apply design concepts - layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns Ability to design and develop in a multi team environment.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exposure working across a global organization.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills demonstrated through successfully leading large and complex change initiatives
- Able to champion Lean/Agile methodologies and values
- Clarity and brevity in design: both written and UML
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers
- Business Acumen (Analyzing Financial Information, Demonstrates Global Perspective, Making Decisions, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, Using Sound Judgment)
- Conviction (Adapting to Change, Resolving Conflicts, Showing Creativity)
- Customer Passion (Demonstrates Cross-Functional Capability, Leverages Networks, Organizational Acumen/Political Savvy)
- Personal Integrity (Behaving with Integrity, Sensitivity to Others)
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership)
- The software business is much more than a job for you, it’s your hobby and passion
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the related field.
- Technical experience developing HighJump Software and WMS
- 5-7 years’ experience developing, deploying and supporting complex computing applications.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
- Previous Supply Chain or Logistics industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience using the following technologies is a plus: MuleSoft, BigData (Cloudera/Spark/Impala), force.com,
- Experience working with Cloud API’s and vendors especially Saleforce.com & Workday
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.