|Job Title||Indirect Tax Analyst*|
|Location||Novi, MI*||*Position is based out of Novi, MI|
|Reports to||Joe Han|
|Pay Grade||Tier 2|
Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. We are seeking individuals who want to be part of our growth and help build a world class Finance organization.
Lineage Logistics is seeking an Tax Analyst in Novi, MI. This position is focused on accounting and non-income tax responsibilities for our rapidly growing company. This person will support the tax compliance process, working closely with the Chief Tax Officer and other cross-functional teams.
- Compile sales & use tax returns on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for the Company and its affiliates in various states
- Filing of state/local business license returns and tax registration for various companies
- Communicate and address Tax Jurisdiction issues regarding notifications, registrations or compliance issues.
- Communicate with personnel to advise or answer questions they may have regarding tax law changes or compliance issues.
- Monthly review of AP data for various companies to determine if any use tax liability exists.
- Work with third-party professionals on handling the Company’s property tax filings and assessments
- Assist and handle audits from various municipality and state taxing authorities
- Maintain proper tax documentation to be used under audit
- Assist Chief Tax Officer with tasks related to REIT conversion
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make sure potential tax issues are addressed proactively
- Liaise with accounting operations and external auditors
- Conduct research on tax issues
- Other data collection, analysis and maintenance, as necessary
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Master’s degree and CPA preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of tax accounting principles, methods and techniques
- Strong data analysis, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, with a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office suite, with the ability to learn new technical skills and systems related to the job
- Limited amount of travels required as needed
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.