|Job Title||Director of Business Development - Transportation*|
|Location||,*||*Position is based out of Remote|
|Reports to||Tim Blazek|
|Pay Grade||Tier 2|
At Lineage, we have a shared purpose: We are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. Lineage Logistics is the industry’s leading innovator in temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network, and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. In pursuit of this shared purpose we are working to build a world class Finance team.
The Director of Business Development – Transportation is responsible for nationwide day-to-day business development activity. This position will report to the Vice President of Business Development and will be responsible for growing business levels and selling to targeted commercial organizations, which includes existing customers and new business customer opportunities. A successful candidate will be a motivated sales leader, have high attention to detail, demonstrate strong analytical skills, exhibit passion for everything he/she contributes to the team, work to exceed expectations daily, and drive closure for new logistics solutions for clients. The candidate will have logistics/supply chain, transportation, and information management experience, along with demonstrated success in selling and closing business in a complex solution sales environment. This role will be responsible for identification, solution support, and business development of transportation temperature control business across North America.
- Develop presentation material to support overall product offering as well as customer specific opportunities
- Lead the process of delivering successful proposals to future clients and internal operations at the start of the project implementation phase; develop an awareness of the issues that are pertinent to operational implementation
- Create and implement technical design for managed transportation solutions, including data gathering and analysis, process design, layout design, solution cost and sensitivity analysis
- Develop optimal transportation solutions, resource levels and costs through optimization modeling and process design
- Cultivate a strong understanding of financial models, contract budget models and contract budget development
- Maintain strong relationships with internal partners, including Sales, Operations, IT, Pricing, Engineering, and Customer Service
- Partner with other departments to strategically formulate and test validity of solutions
- Keep senior leadership informed on the feasibility of new business opportunities with specific potential clients
- Work closely with existing sales team to facilitate understanding of transportation business, identification of new opportunities with existing/new customers, and participate in joint team sales calls as required
- Participate/facilitate in customer business reviews
- Support development of integrated Logistics programs with customer base
- Identify, development, and close new transportation business
- Proactively develop and maintain strong key relationships with the customer contacts by face to face on-site meetings, and regular proactive engagement
- Develop and define account strategies with focus on business opportunities, product portfolio, roadmaps and market environment.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers in all relevant functions
- Responsible for generating win/win solutions for the organization and the customer
- Identify, research, and contact prospective target growth customers that will generate future sales and repeat business
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and selling transportation services
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field
- Background selling temperature control LTL/consolidation, truckload brokerage, drayage, customs brokerage, and 3PL outsourced Transportation Management strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of transportation operations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- com experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with cross functional departments
- Strong personality and mentoring skills with the ability to influence internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Lineage Team Members:
- Lead with our core values: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through collaborative teamwork and a willingness to help and support others
- Commit to a culture of safety, promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identification of any safety concerns
- Demonstrate a natural curiosity about the business and take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and innovation.
As a Lineage team member, we aim to provide everything you and your family need to thrive. That’s why we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits including paid time off and 401k, skills training, and development opportunities to grow your career at Lineage.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.