|Job Title||Purchasing Assista*|
|Location||Omaha, NE - Midwest Regional Office*||*Position is based out of Omaha, NE - Midwest Regional Office|
|Reports to||Mike Dowling|
|Pay Grade||Tier 1|
Join a team that is transforming how food is distributed around the world! We are currently searching for a Purchasing Assistant to join our dynamic finance team. As a Purchasing Assistant, you will plan and coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services, be the point of contact between the business and its suppliers, manage supply requisitions and purchase order processes, and monitor supplier performance to ensure contractual obligations are met and the purchasing process is as cost-effective and efficient as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor entire purchasing process, assuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist, prepare, submit, evaluate and manage RFP process.
- Administer new or expiring supplier agreements and contracts.
- Participate in the development of specifications for products, supplies and substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Review purchase orders and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Analyze historical data and develop ways to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Monitor shipments to ensure timely delivery, trace shipments, follow up on open orders.
- Administer the Requisition and Purchasing System.
- Liaison with other departments, particularly Operations and Accounting.
- Control Purchasing Department Budgets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be organized and have the ability to work positively on a team. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability and understanding of completing supplier request for proposals.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Judgment and decision making, considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to analyze and determine total cost of ownership.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and experience with Purchasing Systems.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service support.
- Ability to develop plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Knowledge of mathematics and ability to perform complex calculations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred / Associates degree with emphasis in Business Administration with two years of purchasing experience, preferably specific to the Warehousing and Supply Chain Industry.
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.