|Location||McAllen, TX*||*Position is based out of McAllen, TX|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Weekends|
Reports to: Facility Manager
Location: McAllen Military, TX
We are currently searching for an Assembler to join our growing team!
As an Assembler you will be under general supervision, provides routine production support following established procedures. Other duties may be assigned.
- Packs finished product into boxes and stacks boxes onto pallet
- Ensures all box cartons have correct lot number, production code and verify condition and printed information is legible.
- Ensures labels on finished product bags correspond with the stencil on the box
- Ensures all cartons are properly sealed and run through tape machine
- Stencils cartons per customer requirements.
- Assemble boxes by folding and preparing them for packaging.
- Ensures defective product is not used by visually inspecting the product at the bulk stages and transfer conveyors for foreign particles or unsuitable products.
- Extracts frozen product from container as needed using a 30-pound stainless steel fork
- Maintains work are in clean conditions
- Advises the Q.A. and / or Machine Operator suspect weight and finished pack issues.
- Complies with all Good Manufacturing Practice and plant safety rules and regulations.
- Carries out additional duties as required or requested by supervisory or management staff.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee will frequently work around food processing machinery such as forklifts, conveyor belts, and hydraulic mechanical equipment. The employee is normally required to work in a warehouse with temperatures ranging from 350 F. to ambient room temperature.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. GED or High School education preferred. 6 months production or manufacturing experience or training. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and / or ability required.
- GED or High School education preferred. One-year production or manufacturing experience or equivalent training.
- Must be able to stand for 6 to 8 hours on a rotation schedule.
- Ability to read as such that assures correct label usage and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides whole numbers. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides whole numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand. Packers repeatedly lift 1 – 4 lbs. bags occasionally lifting 25 lbs. containers. Stackers repeatedly lift 35 cases. Must work a minimum of 8 hours per day with over time as required.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand. Packers repeatedly lift 1 – 4 lbs. bags occasionally lifting 25 lbs. containers. Stackers repeatedly lift 35 cases.
- Must be able work a minimum of 8 hours per day with over time as required
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.