|Job Title||Business Development Manager*|
|Location||Sunnyvale, TX - Dallas*||*Position is based out of Sunnyvale, TX - Dallas|
|Reports to||Jonathan Meek|
|Pay Grade||Tier 2|
The VP, Business Development is a newly created position responsible for providing strategic direction, sales & commercial oversite, and cross functional support of all selling and account management activities within the assigned customer base. The Vice President, Business Development will initially have four main areas of focus:
- Reviewing territory assignments to ensure adequate account coverage
- Providing direction and leadership to expand business relationships with current customers
- Providing direction and leadership to close selling opportunities in the sales funnel
- Developing existing and new talent
In addition, the VP, Business Development will lead an expanding team of Business Development Directors/Managers and is responsible for new customer acquisition, contractual negotiations and pricing. The role will lead the Business Development Directors/Managers to achieve sales, account management and customer profitability targets. The leaders will also collaborate with Operations to support market capacity reviews and customer service.
Key priorities will include:
- Using the Miller Heiman Strategic Selling TM and Large Account Management Process® (LAMP®) methodologies for selling and account management strategy
- Participating in pricing and profitability analysis
- Developing value propositions to diversify and expand revenue through value-added-solutions
- Reviewing sales productivity KPI
In this role you will lead the talent development path for the roles within your team. You will build your business plan and model your goals around agreed upon sales and profitability metrics.
This role will require 50% to 60% travel.
Year One Critical Success Factors:
Establish a strategic roadmap, key objectives and an organizational structure that tie to our Lineage Strategic Warehouse.
- Design organization to maximize opportunities and move customers up the value curve.
- Achieve assigned sales and new business targets
- Meet expectations for customer profitability
- Develop and implement account management strategy (LAMP®)
- Support pricing and profitability initiatives
- Improve sales productivity versus 2016 baseline
- Successfully deployed talent development plan
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years of advancing sales and business development experience
- S/he will be a respected industry leader with strong market credibility gained through integrity when interacting with key stakeholders, and maintaining exceptional customer relationships
- The successful candidate will have a broad business development background to include competency in negotiations, customer acquisition and market expansion.
- Demonstrated Leadership Competencies – Managing and building teams, managing vision and purpose, continuous improvement, managerial courage, drive for results, customer focus
- Bachelor’s degree required; an MBA degree would be a decided plus.
The successful candidate is experienced in the following areas:
- Measurable success in solution based selling
- Excellent people management experience
- Knowledge of the food value chain – frozen, proteins, exports, retail and food service
- Superb written and verbal skills
- Executive level presentation skills and presence
- Employee training and development (hiring, evaluation, mentoring, succession planning)
- Ability to travel 50-60% and be based in proximity to a major airport
- Background strongly preferred (but not required):
- Trained using the Miller Heiman Strategic Selling TM and Large Account Management Process® (LAMP®) methodologies
- Develop people and build teams
- Strategic planning and continuous improvement
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Focus on the customer
- Managerial courage and making tough decisions
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.