|Job Title||Utility Worker (Union)*|
|Location||Seattle, WA - Michigan*||*Position is based out of Seattle, WA - Michigan|
Lineage Logistics is seeking a Utility Worker to join out team!
Summary: Utility Worker picks, loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties. This is a union role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain what product is to be picked, loaded or unloaded.
- Unloads floor loaded product from container or trailer onto pallets, by hand. Secure products onto pallet using shrink wrap.
- Loads products into containers or trailers. Product is transferred from pallets to floor.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of random weight product on manifest sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, totes, drums, or other cases.
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples to sample area or laboratory for analysis.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Comply all Safety Rules.
- Comply with Warehouse Attendance Policies.
- Communicate effectively with all employees for the purposes of conducting business.
- Safely operate mechanical and manual pallet jacks.
- Teamwork/Communication: Communicate and cooperate effectively with all Lineage Logistics employees for the purposes of conducting business.
- Warehouse Procedures: Follows all procedures as per the SSOP, GWP, HACCP, and SQF guidelines.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies supervisor. Uses company time efficiently.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – When established productivity standards exist, the employee meets or exceeds the standards. Completes work in timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly and accurately.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety, security, and warehouse procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. .
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to handle problems appropriately that arise in daily situations.
Certificates and Licenses
Forklift certification for rider jacks required. Training and certification provided by employer.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Continuously subject to cold in the warehouse freezer area (to 20 degrees below zero) and on the warehouse dock of 35°-40°.
- Subject to northwest Washington outdoor weather conditions to and from parking area and to other locations of the Company compound. Rail dock can be windy but is covered from the rain/snow.
- Drug free work place. No smoking is allowed within 25 feet of any doorway and only is designated areas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Strength is constantly medium to heavy.
- Rarely sitting on the job. (When on a scheduled break.)
- Continuously standing or walking as needed to move freight.
- Continuously bending/stooping/crouching/squatting as needed to move freight.
- Occasionally kneeling/crawling as needed for short distances to move freight.
- Continuously twisting/turning at knees/waist/neck as needed to move freight.
- Occasionally climbing/balancing as needed to pull or stack product in container or onto pallets.
- Continuous use of leg/foot as needed to move freight on wet, ice and or slippery floors.
- Continuously reaching as needed to move freight.
- Occasionally extended reaching to full extension to operate knobs and levers on pallet jacks.
- Constantly handling the steering wheel, to hold pen/pencil, to operate pallet jack and moving boxes.
- Occasionally fingering to write on shipping documents or make calculations, and to operate pallet jacks.
- Continuously grasping to hold cartons, in picking up boxes and in operating a pallet jack.
- Continuously pushing/pulling to move freight manually up to 65# and with a pallet jack up to 3000#.
- Continuously lifting to adjust or move loads of cartons up to 65 pounds. Occasionally lifting of boxes up to 75 pounds. Boxes over this require two people.
- Continuously carrying cartons up to 65 pounds (Occasionally up to 75 pounds and shared carrying over this weight) when moving freight
- Continuously simultaneously movements of bend/squat/kneel/push/pull when moving freight.
- Continuously hearing/speaking while in person to clarify and communicate properly and be aware of surroundings. Must be able to hear fork lift horns at 112 db and 420 Hz for safety.
- Continuous vision near/far/depth/color required for safe operation of pallet jack and awareness of surroundings.
- Occasionally smell to be alert and aware of surrounding for emergency from fire/smoke or ammonia.
- Continuously use of touch to operate equipment and handle product.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Employees are encouraged to vary routine or tasks whenever possible to avoid unnecessary repetitive motions.
- ASTM rated 75 boots are required.
- Complete freezer suits, glove or mittens are required and provided.
- Basic hygiene and sanitation rules apply while in the warehouse. No food, drink or smoking or spitting in the warehouse.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.