|Job Title||Jockey Driver*|
|Location||Perry, GA||*Position is based out of Perry, GA|
|Reports to||Shift Supervisor|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
Jockey Driver Summary:
Lineage Logistics is an innovative leader and the second-largest refrigerated warehouse/ Distribution Company in the world. We play a critical role in the national food and services supply chain. We are currently searching for a Jockey Driver to join our team located at our team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, takes personal pride in their work, and is safety minded. Potential Team Members must be focused at delivering consistent, high quality services at all times.
The Jockey Driver is responsible for moving loaded and unloaded to/from dock doors per shipping schedule/instructions for Perdue Farms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting product.
- Operate truck safely and obey posted facility speed limits.
- Maintain logs of trailer movements.
- Perform daily inspections on truck and equipment.
- Maneuver trailers into loading or unloading positions and check that truck and trailer are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles and/or equipment.
- Visually inspect interior of trailer prior to closing doors.
- Visually inspect exterior of trailer for damage and/or defects
- Check condition of pallets, inspect for hold tags or caution tape, or other tags or markers.
- Check/set trailer temperature and check fuel level, add fuel if needed
- Perform trailer inventory and document on log forms.
- Communicate with office coordinators on daily movements of trailers and customer needs.
- Perform sanitation duties as assigned.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Working with Material Handling Equipment on a daily basis.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- At least one year of verifiable experience maneuvering tractor trailers and/or heavy equipment.
- CDL preferred
- Ability to read and take direction in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with our without reasonable assistance
- Must be capable of becoming certified to operate equipment
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, kneel, bend and reach
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is the 2nd largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics company in the world. With one of the largest facility networks in the United States, Lineage is built to deliver sophisticated, customized and dependable solutions to the food, retail, agriculture and distribution industries nationwide. However, it is the people of Lineage Logistics that set it apart – people who are creative, dedicated to getting the job done, and absolutely committed to customer service.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network. Note that this will not apply for a job. To apply, you must click below to begin.